Sunday, March 19, 2006

Room 406
The occupants of bed 1, Room 406 are having a pray over. I am feeling queasy about this. It feels so odd to hear these people utter words of of faith and encouragement, though I've shared that faith just a few years back. I marvel at the plasticity of my personhood, how much I've changed with time. I can no longer imagine myself in that light, quivering with emotion and belief that seems to fill up the emptiness and monotony of human existence. Now I'm terribly bored with my life. I wonder if I was better off like that, just believing, never questioning. Yet I do not want that kind of blind faith. I want to be in control of myself. I want to be the captain of my own soul. I am not refuting the existence of a God. I just do not want to submit myself wholly into the hands of an unseen being. I think He will understand. Afterall, He was the one who put me here with the capaticity to think and decide for myself. I'm just taking my time. Besides, who wants a blind follower?

I want my belief to be the product of intellectual deliberation, not desperation. Is that thing possible? It seems to me that the only people that seek God for help are those who are really in the lowest of the low, those who can no longer find it in themselves to fight against adversity. Even the scriptures support that. I myself am guilty of that. Maybe it hurts God to see that people remember Him only when they are in need, and forget Him once the need has been supplied.


For this reason do I refuse to go back. People may call it pride, I call it shame springing from reverence. It is not fitting to face Him with nothing but a mediocre life and messed up thoughts. When I go back, I want it to be the result of long periods of musings and finally discovering that God is the X of my life's equation, the LAW that would explain all...

6:15 pm

Bed 1, Room 406 is at it again. This time however, the prayer group is larger and their prayer longer and louder. I am not one to blaspheme against their faith -- I respect Christianity to no ends -- yet I cannot help but have adverse reaction about this. Whereas earlier I was squemish, now I am downright pissed off and a little scared. Now their prayer is peppered with songs and chants (sort of like speaking of the tongue, if you have read the New Testament).

Haven't they read the hospital rules posted at the door? It clearly states "Keep your voice at a moderate tone." The nerve of this people. I don't really hold it against them when they were praying there, but now they have totally transformed the hospital roon into a hall for religous gathering. You can always count on this Born Again people to turn everything into a praise and worship session. I know all of you have had experiences of being approached by a Born Again Christian and be preached upon about your transgressions and the afterlife and how unworthy you are yada yada yada.

Sana ilagay sa lugar.

Maybe I should tell them off. But I guess that would make me the devil in their eyes. Oh shucks. I cannot imagine spending three weeks with these people. They are so loud. Geesh.

Religion always has this element of self-righteousness, don't you think? I mean, I know that humility is one of the virtues being taught to them, but I can always feel this domineering aura whenever I am around religous people, like they have it in their minds that they are always better than the rest of humanity and that their religion is the best.

Man, I hate religous affiliations.

Please make them keep their religion to themselves.

** Looking back, I realize that the 6:15 post roots from displaced emotions. I was feeling sad and then these people came along and I feel jealous because there was so many of them and there are only the two of us (my father and myself) in the other side of the room and I began to indulge in self-pity and I feel disgusted at myself and blamed this people for making me feel this way.

Pero maingay pa rin sila.

Morbid Indulgencestarted this journey at3/19/2006

mad girl's love song
there is no truth
there is only bullshit ...

about me

*Name: --may--
*Age: --20--
*From: --philippines--
*ex-Biology student, Med student, full-time blogger, solitary

 

View my complete profile

 

View Guestbook  

Sign Guestbook
Get a FREE guestbook here!

recent

1:15 in the morning
Look into my eyes
Don't take this too seriously
The post that could have been the best post of my ...
14th time
quick post before the work piles up
Little Manhattan
living in the aftermath of the shifting week
no new year's resolution from May this time
What May has been up to these last few days...

past

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

tagboard


links

the moonlit road
fyrextinguisher
anathema
emperor daigo
headmaster cid

credits

blogger
blogskins

 

our journey, designed by Clone, only at BlogSkins

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com