Saturday, April 16, 2005

STUPID MOVIES DESERVE STUPID REVIEWS


THE NOTEBOOK

Partly out of curiosity but mostly because I have nothing else to do, I watched this movie this afternoon, and man, was i bored shitless. Note to self: never ever watch another movie based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. If given a chance, I will have this guy shot by a firing squad for cluttering the world and leading women astray. I mean, who needs a novel about lovestruck people who let their hearts rule over their minds? This is the kind of thing that makes people disillusioned about the thing called love.

I could honestly sense my iq being pulled down several points while watching this film. Truth be told, I have experienced more brain activity while clipping my toenails. My chi was utterly wounded trying to make sense of the dialogues.

Good thing my iq and chi were redeemed by the wise gurus, the Led Zeppelin. There is nothing in this world that Led Zeppelin cannot set straight. Here are samples of their wise sayings:


"oh, oh oh oh oh..." - Dyer Maker

"ahh... ahh... ahh... ahh... ahh... ahh...
ahh... ahh... aaahhhh...hey baby, oh baby, pretty baby..." - Black Dog


Average minds will immediately think that these are just fillers, completely devoid of sense, that they are only being thrown there due to lack of eloquence in the part of the song writer. Those speculations are wrong. See, these strings of sounds will bring you inner peace and restore your chi if they are sung by the master, Robert Plant and combined with the guitar twanging by the virtuoso, Jimmy Page, rhythm by John Bonham and the sonic-boom bass sound by John Paul Jones. Performed by just any rockstar wannabes, these words will lose their effect; they will only damage your chi further.

To further boost my chi, I had to remind myself that there is still beauty reamaining in this world, so I watched my dvd of the Corrs' concert. The angelic face of Andrea alone possesses 90% of the beauty in this world. The remaining 10% is being shared by the other two sisters: Sharon and Caroline. Well what about Jim, you may ask. He just stands there, so he doesn't matter. (just kidding. I love all of them to no ends. I have a theory about Jim's usefulness to the group. If not for him, the group will only be a girl band minus the silly dancing, and no one but girls in their pre-teen years or old, hairy men with voyeuristic tendencies will buy their albums. With Jim in the picture, the audience are given the right perspective - that the Corrs is a band, and they are here to bring music. Cheers to Jim!)


Oh, I've strayed too much already. Back to the movie....


There are some good parts, mind you. For one, there is one long, steamy love scene somewhere in the middle of the movie, which I got to watch in fastforward because I was watching with my mother. She has taken upon this mission of shielding us from all the evils of the world, and well, long steamy love scenes are classified as evil. So there i was, watching two people scraping each other's clothes off animatedly and bouncing up and down. Believe me, it was soooo long - lasted 30 seconds. Imagine that in real time.

Another good scene was that of the man hanging off the ferris wheel and threatening to let go if the girl will not go out with him. He was endearing in his stupidity. I wish someone will do that for me, so that I would have the pleasure of watching a person fall down and split his skull in the hard pavement below. Man, someone as stupid as that does not deserve to live.

The Notebook in a nutshell: People will die eventually, especially the old ones. And the everlasting love they once shared? Well, it goes with them to the grave, which is fine, actually, since love is nothing more than a sensation brought about by a surge of hormones, so without the hormone producing faculty (the glands), love will be non-existent.

*canned applause for May's astounding insight*

You should thank me for warning you about this movie. It really sucks.

Morbid Indulgencestarted this journey at4/16/2005

mad girl's love song
there is no truth
there is only bullshit ...

about me

*Name: --may--
*Age: --20--
*From: --philippines--
*ex-Biology student, Med student, full-time blogger, solitary

 

View my complete profile

 

View Guestbook  

Sign Guestbook
Get a FREE guestbook here!

recent

dead men walking
zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ
taking a break from the rels paper
yet another addition to my kababawan stories
words for the man i never knew
this is what it means to have 13 units in one term
bakas ng kahapon
pinakuluang sampaguita, and other funny things
RADIUM IGNORED MY MESSAGE
Shine by Collective Soul

past

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

tagboard


links

the moonlit road
fyrextinguisher
anathema
emperor daigo
headmaster cid

credits

blogger
blogskins

 

our journey, designed by Clone, only at BlogSkins

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com