Sunday, October 10, 2004
Jose Garcia Villa
i "met" this guy in my litera1 class... i've bumped into him a couple of times in high school and elementary, but those are casual encounters, and he failed to catch my attention... but i've matured, and my likings for deeper things have developed... this man, whom i never really get to know in person, is now my spiritual companion... i love his poems...
i forgot the url of the sites where i got these poems... uh-oh...
POEM WRITTEN BENEATH A BLUE LAMPSHADE
Jose Garcia Villa
I speak this poem tenderly
It being for you
And
For you only - We were not
Afraid and we did take love
Gorgeously.
We had no fears.
We knew love we knew it and
We were dancers for it
And also
We were rivers, we were moonlight
And also we were winds
As also
We were gods. And all this
Is remembrance, and all this
Is desire.
But also it is love.
AND IF THE HEART CANNOT LOVE
Jose Garcia Villa
And if the heart can not love
death can not cure it nor sleep
no splendor of wound the heart
had no sound
Bloom has escaped it and
birth the miraculous flower
and music and speech
leave it unbewitched
God it can not spell nor sun
nor lover the beautiful word
and it has no sound no sound
nor wound
Lyric 17
I can no more hear Love’s
Voice. No more moves
The mouth of her. Birds
No more sing. Words
I speak return lonely.
Flowers I pick turn ghostly.
Fire that I burn glows
Pale. No more blows
The wind. Time tells
No more truth. Bells
Ring no more in me.
I am all alone singly.
Lonely rests my head.
-O my God! I am dead.
and this is my favorite... since i recited this one in front of the class...
Mostly are we mostless
and neverness is all we become
The Heart is heartless
The tiger is tigerless
Dig up time like a tiger
Dig up the beautiful grave
The grave is graveless
And God is godless
I saw myself reflected
in the great eye of the grave
I saw God helpless
and headless there
Until I put my head on him
Then he uprose - Superb!
He took the body of me
And crumpled me to immortality.
i think i might have screwed up some of the lines... oh great Villa, forgive me for this... i still love your poems...
Morbid Indulgencestarted this journey at10/10/2004